Search This Blog

Friday, September 27, 2013

Birthday Card and Gift Card Holder Set

As many of you know, one of my hobbies is stamping and paper crafting and that I will be posting some of my projects on this blog.  

Today I have a birthday card and a birthday gift card holder set to share.  The card is an A2 size  (4.25" x 5.5").  I used the Stampin Up set Secret Garden and the coordinating dies for cutting to create this set.  

I stamped the background white flowers with Versamark ink onto Stampin Up Smoky Gray cardstock and embossed with white detail embossing powder.   I also stamped the red flowers with Versamark ink onto the Smoky Gray cardstock and embossed them with white detail embossing powder.  I then used a sponge and Strawberry Slush Stampin Up dye ink to sponge the color onto the red flowers.  I did this instead of using red cardstock and embossing the red because the red has more depth and also has some gray undertones which looks good with the gray background.  The leaves are cut from Stampin Up Wild Wasabi cardstock using one of the coordinating dies.  I then sponged a darker green ink on the leaves to add interest.  I used a Stampin Up scallop edge punch to cut the white scallops and cut the sentiment banner freehand, used Smoky Slate ink to sponge the edges and stamp the sentiment. 

I assembled the card using Tombow Mono Multi and popped up the scallop layer and the red flowers using Stampin Dimensionals then added rhinestones to the centers of the flowers.


The gift card holder started with a 4.25 x 11" piece of Smoky Slate cardstock scored at 3", 5.5", and 8" and folded in the shape of an M.


Using the Word Window punch from Stampin Up punch it twice on the edge of the center fold.  Then punch out the center with the petit Curly Label punch ( or a circle punch) Use Redline tape to finish the card pocket and add the ribbon to keep the card closed.



Thanks for visiting my blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment